Wednesday, February 8, 2012

After a long day at school today, I come home to Sarafina and feel so bad for having to leave her! I love playing fun, mentally stimulating games with her. This one is real fun! Especially since Sarafina has quite the nose on her, nose work classes in the future? I think yes! I call it:


Hide and Seek!
I take Sarafina and put her in the bathroom and close the door. I take a really smelly treat (Salmon Jerky works good!) and I drag it on the carpet all around, making a trail. I then will hide some pieces under or around things (not visible to the eye though!). And then I let her out of the bathroom and she goes wild! She starts to smell the trail and she always finds all the treats! You can also take plastic cups and hide a treat under one, and see if your dog can find it!

It is a great way to have fun, especially on a rainy day. Hope your dogs enjoy it as much as Sarafina does!

2 comments: